Dad died a year ago today....I miss him so much. This picture was taken in Arizona two months before he passed away. We had no idea he would get so sick so fast.
"I will always see you when I look at the ocean, a sailboat, a paperback novel, a puzzle, a lighthouse, a caramel roll, a lollipop, a tulip or hear a song we liked to sing...I know you were not perfect, but you knew who had paid the price for your sins, for it is 'Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see!' To have such freedom in Christ, oh how the words can't explain the magnitude of that. As I think of heaven with you, grandpa and grandma there, I know that you are in awe of our God and praising Him in all His glory. You are in Heaven! I think often of what you might be doing...the fact that you are not here is hard...I want to give you one more hug, one more kiss, one more smile and hear your voice just one more time. But I know that death was not your destination...someday I will have that chance. So today, tears come and then a smile, a huge smile as I rest in all that God has done and all that He is yet to do."
2 comments:
:) I love you.
Thank you...I love you too.
Post a Comment