
What a privilege and a blessing to have spent time with someone who has walked with Christ day by day. Since I have been home and found myself overwhelmed with all the little things that I face in a day, my thoughts keep going back to the impact this wonderful woman has made on my life and so many others. Her devotion to Christ, her family and friends was nothing short of extraordinary. She did it with a selfless love and she did it so well. Dorothy made me feel like I was her grandaughter from the start. It was a special thing.
I love to remember a time, when for some reason, I was staying alone with Gram and the kids for a week at the Okoboji Conference. Tim must have been overseas. There happened to be a tornado warning one evening and I felt the responsibility to get gram to the tornado shelter down in the basement of the hotel. I will never forget her face when I told her where I was taking her. She didn't think that was necessary. She sat so sweetly on that bench while the kids and I entertained her. I know she thought I was crazy to make her do that, but I did not want anything to happen to her. We survived the storm and we would often laugh about the length of time I had her sitting down there. I know she only did that for me.
I will forever be grateful for her amazing example of how to live for, and with Jesus, work hard and serve others. Her endless prayers and her love will be missed. She was a gift.
Proverbs 31:10
Who can find a virtuous woman?
for her price is far above rubies.
This stone was made for the family by my dearest friend Jill. The yellow roses sparkled in the church...it was beautiful! Gram would have loved it in her garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment